Monday, October 3, 2016

Why Watercoloring?

My junior year of high school was coming to an end and I still haven't chosen a senior project topic. My sister was just finishing up was hers which was jewelry making. It was a late night and I was at the Memorial Art Gallery with my sister and our art teacher, Mrs. Elisa. I was there to take photographs of some of my sister's pieces. I was looking through the Memorial Art Gallery's catalog when Mrs. Elisa suggests I do water coloring. At first, I was like noo thank you. I seen some of the work done by water color artist and I felt there was no way I would be able to do that. I'd be disappointed in my pieces, everyone else would be disappointed in pieces and it would all be one big mess. But water coloring began to fit the requirements to a senior project the more I thought about it. It was something I've never worked with, there were many community experts in the Rochester area, I was into art, so I could maybe start liking it and finally I was afraid of failing at it so that meant I was challenging myself by picking it. So Mrs. Elisa tells me, "you'll never know if you're good at it or if you'll love it unless you try". So I was like, thats it, this is what I'm doing. In a matter of seconds, I went from having absolutely no clue on what to do, to having this idea that had the potential of being great. God had answered my prayers <3. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment