Sunday, October 2, 2016

Choosing a Topic

So, throughout my high school years up to the summer before my senior year, "senior project" was something I always thought about often; whether it was learning what not to do from the upperclassmen or just thinking about what I wanted to do for mine. The most difficult component to choosing a senior project was finding two community experts that would help me with my journey and be there for me from start to finish. I thought about many topics I wanted to do and one that really stood out to me was molecular gastronomy. Molecular gastronomy, according to Wikipedia, is "a subdiscipline of food science that seeks to investigate the physical and chemical transformation of ingredients that occur in cooking."

 

I wanted to choose this topic sooo badly. I just thought the process of making these foods was sooo interesting and the results where sooo gorgeous. I still do lol... but. I. couldn't. do. it. Why? because there was NOONE in the Rochester community that specialized in this art. I tried involving molecular gastronomy in different topics but it always went back to cooking and I didn't want to just cook. So I was back to square one again. My Junior year was coming to an end and I had no clue on what to do for my senior project.

1 comment:

  1. Well some day you can go back to that topic! I am sure you will have a tone of great opportunities in the future!

    ReplyDelete