Sunday, October 9, 2016

Trying Something New

After following a couple tutorials, I decided it was time I created a piece with no tutorial. I wanted to see what my capabilities were and hopefully an improvement throughout the year. I chose to paint the view from the window at my aunt's house in Morocco. I lightly sketched most of it before going in with the watercolor just so I can have an outline. Morocco is a really colorful country. Colorful clothing, buildings, food, interior design; they love their colors.




There's an actual city in Morocco that's all blue. It's called Chefchaouen.


So not surprisingly, the school that was recently built in front of my aunt's house is also colorful. On each side of the school, it's painted a different color. The side that happened to be facing my aunt's house is red and purple. 





No comments:

Post a Comment