Tuesday, May 9, 2017

I WON!! The Congressional Art Competition for the 25th District

The title says it all. Thank the Lord! Words can't express how happy I am to be representing the 25th District of New York for the 2017 Congressional Art Competition. I will be meeting congresswoman Louise Slaughter tomorrow after school. Huge shout out to Mrs. Elisa for going out of her way to have my piece matted in time so that I would be able to have it with me when I meet with the congresswomen tomorrow. Also, I want to thank Rachael Baldanza (Curriculum Director at the MAG) for encouraging me to submit a piece into this competition.  

I want to talk a little about the inspiration I had for this piece. When I've visited Morocco in the past several years, I'm overwhelmed each time with the tile work design in buildings and homes. These are just examples I found online.




So I became inspired to create some type of tile design that when duplicated it would form a design similar to the Moroccan zellige walls.This one is from my grandma's house.
So I created one that if duplicated, would end up looking something like this:

 And this is just a blurry quick version I got by putting my original piece in an iPhone template just so you can have an idea of what I'm taking about. Exiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment