Thursday, March 16, 2017

Paint Brush Bag Roll

So in my first semester art class at school, I took a textiles class with Mrs. Elisa. In this class, we first designed our own stamps. We were required to create one figurative, geometrical and one other I forget the name of but it had to do with plants. Anyways, so I made one inspired by the Moroccan khumisa (palm shaped amulet), the Kurdish sun (on flag) and and the Egyptian Scarab. 

After that we printed our own fabric and were given the option to use our stamps. For the fabric base, we used acrylic paint and Gelli plates. If you know me, then you would know I stepped out of my comfort zone with these colors. I absolutely hated it at first because of the colors but when it was all put together, I ended up actually liking it. Anyways, so I added my stamps on top and this took several weeks to get completely done because there was so much behind the scene work involved. 

It didn't end there. My class was making regular bags fit for tablets and stuff like that, but Mrs. Elisa said I could make something that would go with my senior project, so we decided on the brush bag/roll. This also meant that my fabric pattern would be completely different than everyone else. So this involved a lot of thought processes from the both of us but it turned out to be awesome!!







No comments:

Post a Comment