Thursday, March 23, 2017

I'm taking Jeanne Lindsay's Class!!

As quoted from the Nan Miller Gallery, "Lindsay received her B.A. from the Empire State College of N.Y.S. She has taught art at the Rochester Institute of Technology and has been an instructor at the Memorial Art Gallery since 1984. . . Lindsay continues to receive awards of the highest standing for her botanical watercolors." 

So, in the fall when I first started looking for artists I can work with because two was the requirement for my senior project, I saw Jeanne's work and student work displayed at the Memorial Art Gallery. I asked about her and they told me that she was in her 90's and that she retired. I ended up finding Larry after working with Cynthia, so I was set. I then find out that Jeanne is Larry's mentor and I thought that was awesome. I'm learning from an awesome artist who is learning from and awesome artist. 


I recently reached out to Cynthia and we touched up on some things and she had let me know that the spring catalog was out so I obviously checked it out. To my surprise, I saw one of Jeanne's classes listed, BUT, it was on a Wednesday from 1:15- 4:15, and so it interferes with my Pre-Calc class and AP Environmental class. I spoke to both teachers and my principle about working something out if I were to miss those school times and they graciously supported me!! So thank God to Dan, Negussie, Dr. Idonia and of course Mrs. Elisa who helped me through the whole process,  I will be taking this class starting April. I'm so exited about it!! Hopefully it all works out great!

2 comments: