Saturday, January 14, 2017

My Favorite Thing About Watercolor

Since I've had a little experience with acrylic, I can tell you my least favorite thing about it. I hate the fact that it dries so quickly and there's no way of make the dry paint reusable again. This leads to my favorite thing about watercolor. Dry paint is reusable. No matter how much paint I squirt out on to my pallet, I can always reuse it the next time by just adding water. I'm sure over time, dry paint won't be as effective and easy to work with. But since I use my so often, it't not an issue at all. I'm sure artist who have several palates don't go back into some of them for weeks or maybe even months and the paint would still be fine. So 1. paint isn't being wasted and 2. If you mixed a specific color, you won't have to worry about mixing the right color for the next time if you have enough of it.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Nazareen, There is a medium that you can add to acrylic to slow down the drying time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! I've heard Mrs. Elisa mention something like that before also. I'd definitely get myself some if I were to ever work with Acrylic in the future!

      Delete