Wednesday, April 5, 2017

First Day of Classes!

I had my first classes with Jeanne and Alice today. I loved both classes! I left school around 1:00 and got the MAG in time for my class around 1:15. Jeanne is so wonderful! I love her. She's been teaching at the MAG for a really long time so a lot of the students who were in that class have been in her class for so long. So this class was a little different than Larry's beginners class. This one is more do your own thing and Jeanne goes around to everyone throughout the class time and gives them a brief one on one with whatever they're with. Since I didn't come today to start a new piece, I just touched up on a couple of old ones. The Asian Brush Painting class was also a lot of fun. Alice is so sweet. Joe (drawing teacher in the Fall) is also taking that class. When I thought this form of art was similar to watercolor, I was wrong. I learned that this form of art is really all about the movement and energy you put into the piece. I have a looong way to get the grasp of if haha. But it was still fun. We learned how to write fish in Chinese calligraphy and paint some fish.  




No comments:

Post a Comment