Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Mixing Colors

We played around with color today! It was awesome. We created our own color charts with some basic colors starting from the top on the left hand side, we have: Burnt Sienna, Opera Rose, Ultramarine Blue, Windsor/Phthalo Blue, and New Gamboge Yellow. Mixing two colors, doesn't just give you one color and you can see that with the chart below.  I used a flat brush for this chart. I started by wetting the area I wanted the paint to touch. (Paint only goes where water is!) Then I put a little bit of each color on both sides of my brush and I went in. I kept my strokes limited and mostly let the paint do it's own thing and these were the results. I think it's beautiful and amazing!



2 comments:

  1. really interesting and looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really interesting and looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete